Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE MAKES IT ALL GO 'ROUND, AND 'ROUND, AND SO ON...


"Love is the greatest Joy, Agony, Adventure, Journey, Treasure, Gift, Wonder, Choice, Honor, Experience, Dream, Education, Reason to continue Living.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Well, it's that day again.  The day when everyone celebrates LOVE, otherwise known as the energy that make the world go 'round. Hence the posting for today.  I wanted to convey the kinetic energy that love creates.  That feeling that propels us on the carnival ride of life. I used paint markers and layers of color onto which the letters whirled in shades of grey, with the delicate black done with a fine pigma pen. I wanted to show how love drives humans like myself to do all kinds of things. 

Love from my parents and siblings gave me the foundation on which I've built my life so far.  Love of making art set me on the path of graphic design.  Love of letters moved me to become a calligrapher.  Love of my husband has brought to this place, 25 years of incredible marriage.  Love of my daughters made me the mother that they needed, and in return I feel so very, very loved.  And the love from all these experiences has given me the strength to reinforce my foundation.  All this love will move me into the next phase of life's adventure, getting back on the merry-go-round of learning how to love myself again.

I plan on making the most of my next step into the life of an empty nester. I'm going to take all the love I've gathered up and treasured over the last 50 plus years of my life.  I'm going to let it loose into the great big world and see what comes back.  Sometimes I may not feel like I deserve it, sometimes I may not feel like the world deserves it.  But that's the way it all goes 'round.  And we all know what drives it...
LOVE. Happy Valentines Day.


Thanks for looking,


Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment